Newcastle University, is an Australian public university established in 1965. It has a primary campus in Callaghan, a suburb of Newcastle, New South Wales. The university also operates campuses in Ourimbah, Port Macquarie, Singapore and the central business districts of Newcastle and Sydney.
The UON 2025 Vision
UON stands as a global leader distinguished by a commitment to equity and excellence and to creating a better future for its regions through a focus on innovation and impact.
Equity and social justice
We provide opportunities for people with ability, regardless of their background and experiences. We lead in providing education for indigenous Australians.
We deliver the highest quality in everything we do and benchmark ourselves against the world’s best.
Our staff, students and alumni are a resource for our whole community. We are partners and collaborators in world-class research, teaching and learning, and our skilled graduates contribute to our regions, Australia and the world.
We challenge standard practice and received wisdom. We are world leaders in generating new knowledge and translating innovative ideas into real benefits to society.
We are open, ethical, rigorous and committed to the highest standards in academic enquiry. We are champions of academic freedom and professional responsibility.
We are leaders in environmental sustainability. We make a significant contribution to the economic, social and environmental capacity of our communities.
- In 50 years, our outstanding educators have achieved a long list of accolades and our world-class researchers are recognised for their contribution to many fields of inquiry.
- In 2015 Times Higher Education ranked the University of Newcastle number 2 in Australia and number 30 in the world for universities under 50 years of age.
- Finally, The University of Newcastle is ranked as top 1% University of the world according to the QS World University Rankings 2017/18.
- The University has six subjects ranked in the world’s top 100 and an overall total of 13 subjects ranked in the world’s top 200.
Main Highlights of UON:
- World-class education
- Integrated learning environment
- Diverse student experience
- Cutting edge virtual technology
- A NeW Space for the future
For more detail please Click Here